There are several options that can be used when backing up or restoring a database. Some of these were shown in other tips, however, I thought I would highlight them in a single spot.
- PrepareDiff – Prepares ADT tables for a differential backup
- Diff – Performs a differential backup
- Include – Includes specified tables
- Exclude – Excludes specified tables
- DontOverwrite – Will not overwrite existing tables
- MetaOnly – Only backs up the table structures no data
- TableTypeMap – Defines the types of tables ( i.e. ADT, CDX ) when backing up or restoring free tables
These options are specified in the options parameter of the system procedures. Multiple options are delimited by using a semi-colon ( ; ). Lists of items ( i.e. Include, Table Type Map ) are delimited by commas ( , )
For a full description of all of the options refer to the help file.