Another year has past and it is time for me to once again make a bunch of resolutions that I will not keep. Last year I put together a book list with the goal of reading one technology book every month. I managed to get through four of them. Of course one of the books on the list did not end up getting published, so I got that going for me.
So with my past performance in mind I am once again setting a goal to read one technology book every month. To help I will be adding a simple reminder to the sidebar so I will see which book I should be reading. Perhaps with the extra accountability I will get through half of the list.
Here is the “official” 2013 list:
- Thoughts on Interaction Design, Second Edition
- Head First Mobile Web
- The Art of Unit Testing: With Examples in .Net
- Head First C#, Second Edition
- SQL Antipatterns: Avoiding the Pitfalls of Database Programming
- Head First jQuery
- Head First HTML5 Programming
- Information Dashboard Design: The Effective Visual Communication of Data
- SQL and Relational Theory: How to Write Accurate SQL Code
- Data Modeling Made Simple: A Practical Guide for Business and IT Professionals, 2nd Edition
- Star Schema The Complete Reference
- Database Design and Relational Theory: Normal Forms and All That Jazz
Good luck with your resolutions and have a great New Year!